2 : Using DERBY database
Posted on in Software Development
This video explains how to make use of derby database in your application. Derby database is purely written in java and is light weight.
Download Derby from https://db.apache.org/derby/index.html and add the jar to the project library as I have shown.
This video covers loading the database from the application and creating a table Book for storing book data.
Features of derby database
– Derby has a small footprint — about 2.6 megabytes.
– Derby is based on the Java, JDBC, and SQL standards.
– Derby provides an embedded JDBC driver that lets you embed
– Derby in any Java-based solution.
– Derby also supports the more familiar client/server mode with the – Derby Network Client JDBC driver and Derby Network Server.
– Derby is easy to install, deploy, and use.
GitHub page : https://github.com/afsalashyana/Library-Assistant
– Genuine Coder